Monday, April 4, 2011

April Petite Challenge

Hello, Posse gals and Friends of the Posse! :) It's Debbie here, a little bit behind schedule (sorry!) but ready to post the April Petite Challenge.

As some of you may know, before I discovered PTI and switched my crafting focus to stamping and cardmaking, I was a scrapbooker (who occasionally made a card, lol). I also am a sketch artist and have done scrapbooking sketches for several sites, and continue to be the in-house sketch artist for the blog at Allyscraps, an online scrapbooking and papercrafting store. So I just knew that I wanted to make at least one of my April challenges be a sketch challenge! I'm so happy to get to share my love of sketchmaking here on the Posse blog!

So here is the sketch for April's Petite Challenge:


And here is my card as a sample:


I heat-emblossed the harvest gold base with Polka Dot Basics 2. I used the Birthday Tags set for the "it's your day" tag, and paper-pieced the hat so that I could use several layers in different colors. Also used Mat Stack 1, Limitless Layers dies, the scalloped border die, and PTI ribbon and buttons.

I hope you'll play along with us this month! Just link up your take on the card below! I can't wait to see your takes on the sketch! :) I will be back within a day or two to post the regular April Challenge, so check back!


3 comments:

  1. Love the sketch, Debbie! Cannot wait to play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....great sketch and FUN card, Debbie. Can't wait til this weekend so I can try my hands at that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved using this sketch Debbie. It was really easy to envision what I wanted to do with it.

    ReplyDelete